The International Summer SchoolⅠ(ISSⅠ) program at the University of Seoul (UOS)
was first established in 2000, and it has provided international students
with a great opportunity to learn about Korean culture and tradition.
Reorganized in 2005, the ISS has been receiving an increased amount of
fund from the Seoul Metropolitan Government and offers various incentives
to the participants coming from not only the partner universities but also
many prestigious universities over the world.
- UOS Buddy Program!
- Starting with welcoming you at the airport, UOS buddies will participate in all the activities with you helping you learn about Korea. This provides valuable chances to make strong friendship.
- Mingling with Friends from All over the World!
- In 2013, you can build a global network by making many friends from Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, The UK, The USA, and more.
- Chance to Explore southern cities & Jeju Island in Korean or Beijing in China!
- A 4-day field trip to Busan & Gyeongju or Jeju Island in Korea will give you a better understanding about Korea
- Various Field Trips and Extracurricular Activities
- To learn about Korea’s past, present and future, you can experience various kinds of activities while visiting meaningful spots in Korea such as Changdeok Palace (UNESCO World Heritage),Bukchon’s Hanok Village and DMZ(Demilitarized Zone). Chances to learn Taekwondo (Korean martial arts), to make Korean traditional masks, and to watch NANTA & JUMP Show will give you unforgettable memories as well.