The International Summer School(ISS) program at the University of Seoul (UOS)
was first established in 2000, and it has provided international students
with a great opportunity to learn about Korean culture and tradition.
Reorganized in 2005, the ISS has been receiving an increased amount of
fund from the Seoul Metropolitan Government and offers various incentives
to the participants coming from not only the partner universities but also
many prestigious universities over the world.
- Classes meet nine hours a week for five weeks. Click each name of course for the course description
- The courses are subject to change.
- All courses are taught in English.
- Exploring Asian Culture is a two-credit course consisting of three field trips;
- (1) Experience Korean Tradition (Changdeok Palace, Korean costumes, calligraphy, etc.),
- (2) Visit JSA (Joint Security Area)
- (3) 4-day trip to Jeju Island in Korea